have any of you ever had this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike11973

In Runtime
ok...so i am running a xp 2200 overclocked at 1.91 gigs and i find its unstable b/c of shutting down and attempting to reboot....thing is.....when it goes to reboot my monitor starts to come on but before anything can happen it acts as if its off and the system freezes....so i go and reset my jumper remove the motherboard battery to reset the bios to the original settings and then it will reboot....obviously the processor is then underclocked on the default settings and i dont mess w/ them and i find that when i go to reboot again it does the same thing....is the motherboard trashed?....if so why will it boot up and still run fine once up and running or was it just heated up to much causing the computer overheating protection on my motherboard to keep it from rebooting?....any advise or insight would be greatly appreciated.

the issue actually resolved itself the next morning after leaving the computer off for the night....i think the voltage settings to the cpu need to be tweaked which was causing the issues....my temps were within reason but it kept locking up on bootup....i couldnt even get into bios.....i just stepped it back to 1866mhgz which runs stable on this mobo.....i will just wait to step up my ddr to pc 3200 (2gigs) and swap the processor to the 3200+ when the prices are right.
my power supply is just a 300w one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom