HARDCORE COMPUTER'S "REACTOR" project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forget the name of the process that occurs when you apply heat to any organic based oil but what it does is break down triglycerides forming free fatty acids. these free fatty acids loosely bond together to form what we all know as fat (that whiteish gooie stuff in grease). That crap will build up on the heat source impeding heat transfer and eventually result in the oil going rancid.

This happened to the rig made with vegetable oil rather quickly and it was advised to use synthetic oils such as silicon oil (being clear and not very viscous, it also runs about $80 per 5gal).

What I would like to see is clear oil with colored water rising up through it. Since oil and water dont mix you could get a very cool swirling effect by pumping green water from the top down to the bottom and having it rise out of holes in a rod layed along the bottom.

What I would like to see is clear oil with colored water rising up through it. Since oil and water dont mix you could get a very cool swirling effect by pumping green water from the top down to the bottom and having it rise out of holes in a rod layed along the bottom.

that would be so cool.. only problem is you'd have to keep the water completely isolated from the atmosphere, lest it dissolve CO2 or other gases which would make it electrically conductive, in which case it might toast your board if they came into contact... that wouldnt be too hard with a well built system tho... would be very cool

haha. but the computer would be good for over clocking.

No not really.

A core only water cooling water cooling loop is much more effective at removing heat from the components that need it and will net you higher overclocks as you aren't wasting the finite amount of heat dissipation cooling parts that are well within their operating conditions at high temps.

No not really.

A core only water cooling water cooling loop is much more effective at removing heat from the components that need it and will net you higher overclocks as you aren't wasting the finite amount of heat dissipation cooling parts that are well within their operating conditions at high temps.

how about that. learn something new every day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom