Hard drive problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xStevey_Bx

Baseband Member
I recently upgraded my pc components to a DFI Lanparty nf4 sli and a AMD 64 3200+ up from an A78NX-X and an Amd Athlon XP 2100+

I installed windows again but it is taking a very long time to boot and shut down windows. It is a fresh install. It takes about 15 mins to boot windows and there are no programs being started on boot up so I see no reason for this.

My hard drive is a maxtor 6Y080L0, is there any reason this should be slow? I have all of the DFI drivers installed.

Is there a certian way I should have connected the devices. I used a 3 port yellow wire and connected the hard drive to the first connection after the board, and then it is connected to my cd rom drive. It is connected into IDE slot #1

i would reformat and reinstall windows again.everything is hooked up right because everything is recognized so thats out the question.try reformatting and reinstalling and see what happens.

put the hard drive on its own ide wire on the very end

then put the cd rom drive on its own wire

also check the jumpers to make sure theyre configured right

there are usually three settings
master on the end of the wire
slave on the middle connection
(only use master and slave if there are two devices on the wire)

cs or cable select which is when one device on cable and it is one the end

I put the hard drive on its own wire and it has seemed to load alot faster and it also seems to have quietned down. Its no longer sounding like its constantly writing.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully this will be me sorted for a while =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom