Hard drive to CPU Wire/ribbon help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

traviswrx

In Runtime
Well Just got a quick question. I know they got round cables for Cd drives and the floppy drive, but what about the Hard drive wire? Should i just cut it once in the middle and electrical tape it? Then I could sleeve it correct? Thanks.

some people will say cut each line and wrap it blah blah. That takes too much time and is unsafe IMO..chances of cutting the wires are too great, but of course a lot of people have done it successfully.

Just bend it in half, then bend it over again and use electrical tape or zipties to keep it 'round'. I have a cable like that, works good.

BTW: the cable for CD drives is the same as for the HD's, it's an IDE cable

However a true HD cable has that little notch.
??? That's still the same cable for CD's and HD's, the only difference is that they have that knotch for 'noob protection' so you make sure to plug it in the right way. That's a newer addition to IDE cables

Only differnce between my HDD IDE cable and my CD IDE cable is one has a lot more thinner wires... And my hdd dont like the thicker ones....

There is no difference dude. The only cables that have distinguishable differences is a HD and CD-ROM ide vs a floppy IDE.

HD's and cd-roms use the exact same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom