HAF worklog cont...

apsoul

In Runtime
Hi everyone... I was looking through my past posts and realized i never showed the finished work of my HAF 932. I bought it before they came out with the painted interior. So here is a link to the old worklog which is currently a closed thread... why its closed is beyond me, its only like 3-4 years old haha.

Original Worklog thread

And here is my work, assembled and running... kinda.

as for the parts list in my original log, an update is definitely needed:
Gigabyte 990fx-ud3
MSI gtx460 cyclone 768mb
AMD 555BE x2 @4.00 ghz
TRUE 120 copper
WD 640GB black
Corsair tx650
and more fans than you can shake a fist at :)

yes, I was updating the list i had in the original worklog I linked to.
At that time i was looking at an ASUS m4a79 or something of that nature, and an AMD x4 965 or something like that.
Although I may be updating my GPU as this one is showing signs of failing... either that or my HDD is dieing.

With a Sata III motherboard you can also take advantage of upgrading to an SSD drive too, prices have come down on 250 gb drives

Yea, I was planning on an SSD as my next upgrade however this seemingly failing GPU has me a bit worried as I don't have the cash for hardware at the moment. If it does die on me I'll be forced to dig out my old 9300gt... goodbye bf3 and skyrim :(

Any speculation on upcoming gpu/CPU refreshes? I've been out of the hardware loop for a little while now.

AMD won't be getting new desktop CPUs and any of Intel's current offerings are more than enough for gaming.

What has you thinking something is failing? Have you ran stress tests?

my Failing GPU Thread

I have run furmark and anything over stock (factory overclock) causes artifacts. I used to be able to get the clock from 725mhz to 800-825mhz without touching the voltage. Now if i go so high as 750mhz i get artifacts.

That's because of degradation over time. You're lucky to have reached 800 without voltage because my old eVGA 465 wouldn't do anything without a bump in voltage. You're getting artifacts because it needs more voltage, not because it's dying. That's just normal. Also, Furmark over works the GPU so don't use that anymore as a test. Use MSI Kombustor or games for load testing.

Back
Top Bottom