GTX260 Core216 OC Questions for Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Room temp is around 21-22 degrees. Inside my case it is around 23-25 degrees (not sure exactly how accurate my case's temp gauge is though)

I did some searching on these SC edition cards and my temps are sounding pretty normal for them. On the downside i guess a few people have had some hard times overclocking these SC 260s, witch i don't really understand. If that is the case with me i will send this back to tigerdirect and make them send me the card i ordered and paid for, even though it is costs less.

Sorry i didn't get to do the pics today. Got caught up this morning and was busy most of the day.

I am not even sure about my temps anymore. In the Evga precision tool right now it says 59 degrees, but i downloaded Lavaly's Everest Trial version (i was told it is very accurate) and it is telling me i am at 49/51/49 degrees. So one monitoring app is saying 59 and 1 is saying 49/51/49 (vram/memory/ambient)

So then i downloaded GPU-Z and that is when i got really confused. In GPU-Z i am getting a few temps. In order it goes:
GPU Core Clock - 626mhz
GPU memory clock - 1053.0mhz
GPU Temp - 59.0 degrees
PCB Temp - 49.0 degrees
GPU Temp - 50.0 degrees
PCB Temp - 49.8 degrees
Fan speed - 40%
Fan Speed - 1358rpm
VDDC current - 13.1A
VDDC Slave #1 Temp - 49.0 degrees
VDDC Slave #2 Temp - 50.0 degrees
VDDC Slave #3 Temp - 52.0 degrees

Which of these programs is the most reliable in your guy's experience. And what is up with the different temps in GPU-Z ? I only have the one card. Sorry for such noobishness but this is kind of confusing lol.

GT200 based cards do run a bit hotter than others.

My GTX 295 gets to about 75C on load...which i think is reasonable for a dual gpu card.

thats actually the GT200b (or GT206) core, rican (the 65nm is known as the GT200)... still, yes, they do tend to run a bit hot... not as hot as the R700 cards tho

i find that GPU-Z tends to be the most accurate for most GPUs... the different temps are because they're measured from different places on the card... the first "GPU temp" is the core, the second is the memory

Its the same thing, 55nm but physical die size is still huge.

And i dunno man...i have the card right here next to me and i can feel the heat being pushed out onto my hands. And that is with gpu-z.

ohhh... haven't got it in the case atm... i see said the blind man as he read to his deaf son! btw, love that case... you really outta stick everything in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom