GTX 980 SC overclock!

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
So far i have gotten it upto 90Mhz on the GPU clock offset. and 20Mhz on the memory clock offset.

How far can i push this card? I'm not even hitting 10k in benchmarks at the moment either.

Attachments

• oc1.jpg
    oc1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Yeah, i've not tocuhed the voltage yet. 100mhz on the clock, and 50mhz on the mem
I wouldn't bother with clocking the memory as it won't make any difference really. I've upped my VRAM by 300MHz (which equated to like 2100 or something stupid on it) and it didn't make a lick of difference even in benchmarks. We aren't limited by memory bandwidth with their delta compression.

Easy, raise fan speed to about 75%, max voltage, click overvoltage, raise power target /output temp all the way over (they're linked), then raise GPU clock offset by another 50MHz. With those settings you can probably reach 250 offset.

I didn't want to go that far as the gpu seems to be making a noise when i do the bench testing and stress test (not sure if its the fans or the actual gpu)

I just did a stress test and said it failed... lol not sure what happened there

I didn't want to go that far as the gpu seems to be making a noise when i do the bench testing and stress test (not sure if its the fans or the actual gpu)

I just did a stress test and said it failed... lol not sure what happened there
It's called coil whine and it's normal, won't affect the card.

If you didn't raise the targets or voltage it won't go very far on stock. You'll also need to pretty much max the fan as the auto ramp won't be quick enough to help the heat. Should also mention, the maxed voltage meter and clicking overvoltage are within the tolerances built into the bios. It won't do anything to damage the card. I ran 2 980s at 1540-1600 for 6 months straight like that and IIRC iFargle is still using them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom