Graphics Card OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preacher

Fully Optimized
Hey Guys,
First of all my GFX is a Sapphire X1900XT 512MB.
I started OCing it and im at 662/1584 on the clocks.

My temps are 50c idle and 70c load,
Is this a good OC ? and how are my temps?

I'm using the ATI CCC, to OC I really don't go well with ATI Tool.... ( CCC, caps the OC at 800mhz RAM , and 690mhz on the GPU).

BTW im on the stock Heat sink.

Thanks,
Preacher

ATITool is incredibly simple... you just adjust the slides and click "Set Clock" a much better program since it heats your GPU to max temp with the 3D View button and it has an artifact scanner to make sure your oc is stable

I'd be happy to make you a guide sometime tommorow with pics and all, but I have too many things to do right now, ask me again sometime tommorow afternoon

edit::

actually heres a relatively simple guide that I found

ATITool Guide.... - Guru3D.com Forums

very basic, but gives some tips and general starting points

A crash means its incredibly unstable...

Lower the specs from where it crashes slightly (sometimes mem gets maxed out early on) and then run the artifact scanner, if it crashes again then lower it again and repeat etc.

what are the temps? Never go above 70 if you can help it

try checking your fan speed, usually stock cards are set to run at minimal speeds such as 60% for nvidia 8800 cards

raising that will help your heat problem if thats whats limiting your gpu

is your card a double slot card? (meaning it takes up the space for two slots)

I have no idea about ATI cards sorry, if so then you can probably reach 80 for max temp in which case you can continue

I'd reccomend flashing 100% fan speed on your gpu bios or using some ATI program to set the speed to 100% (rivatuner works with ati?)

that'll lower your temps a lot if you don't mind the sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom