GPU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalOwns

In Runtime
I flashed my BIOS with a new voltage (1.3v up from 1.2v), but I can't increase the core or the memory any higher than it was at 1.2v. Why is this?

flashing bios is totally different from changing the voltage setting in the bios...

anyways, it might require more juice, generally speaking, the general overclocking range only requires small voltage changes while once you reach the dead zone (where you need amazing cooling) you need a large voltage change, .2-.6

Yeah I flashed the GPU bios via nibitor and nvflash. Sorry if that bit confused you.

Well maybe I'll increase it again very slightly.

Yeah GPU...after re-reading my post, I thought you might have thought I meant the mobo BIOS.

Why wouldn't you be able to flash a 7 series? All you have to do is turn off the protection and flash it.

when you flash that voltage, isn't it just the voltage supplied to the pci-e slot not the actual card? isn't that why you need to volt mod cards?

when you flash that voltage, isn't it just the voltage supplied to the pci-e slot not the actual card? isn't that why you need to volt mod cards?

I'm not sure. There's an option in my BIOS called "PCI-E overvoltage control" and that I believe gives more voltage to the slot. Some guy said he used the GPU BIOS flash to get a little higher than where I am now. Here's the link: evga 7900gs overclocking - Overclock.net - Overclocking.net

I dunno though, if what your saying is true, then it would make sense why I can't get the core/memory higher.

I think I'll try some of those pencil mods. You need one of them voltmeter things though I think to check what the voltages are, so I'll have to look into that.

I have never heard of a 7 series flash volt mod. Most prefer the hard volt mod with a conductive pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom