GPU overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
hey guys i am trying to overclock my gpu using rivatuner but everest ultimate (assuming it is accurate) shows the same frequency until i change like 20 or 25mhz for core, shader and memory clocks. is it supposed to be like this or is this a bug? if it is supposed to be like this can someone explain why it is like this?

another question: why when a computer hangs dude to the gpu you can move the mouse but clicking won't work for like 10 seconds? when a computer hangs due to the cpu you can't move your mouse nor get any response from the keyboard (not even the num lock button like the gpu hanging)

The overclocking numbers are suppose to e like that. The actual values are as you seen 20mhz.. It's how its made. If you used rivatuner monitor graphs, i believe you'd see the same thing.

So no, it's not sa bug.

Your other question is an "I don't know" answer.

When the system hangs due to the gpu the "wait period" is usually the driver trying to reset itself (so to speak).

Try using EVGA Precision to overclock your card. It's the new favorite :D

EVGA Precision 1.7.1 download from Guru3D.com

does my motherboard/graphics card have to be from evga or can it be any brand? and what is that "wait period" for the gpu hanging? and why it doesn't occur when the cpu hangs? and cpu hangs are deadly as it won't respond until you reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom