GPU Ocing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_who689

Baseband Member
So im not sure if im doing this right or if my GPU is just not as good as i thought it would be lol....

Rig Specs:

CPU: Intel i7-2600k OC'd @4.5GHz
Mobo: Gigabyte p67a-ud7-b3
RAM: 8gb g.skill
GPU: MSI n580GTX 3gb DDR5 Lightning Extreme Edition
PSU: Corsair 850w
HDD&SDD: Samsung 64gb(Boot Drive)
2x HDD 1tb seagate barricuda
Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster PX2370 (res:1920x1080)
case: Thermaltake v9 blacx edition

I went through with this build thinking i wouldnt have to bother with OCing my GPU, but just recently was having some low FPS with FF14 (the first few days i really didnt have my FPS monitor on because i had no problems whatsoever playing this game and high specs) but just now im getting below 20 FPS average and im seeing some tears along my screen.

My multisampling was at 8x and most of my settings were set on high, but ambient occlusion was off. So with that being said i wanted to see my benchmark score just at stock settings with my GPU i scored around 2300 on Furmark 1.8.2. (Using MSI's Afterburner to OC the GPU)

the settings at default were:
Core Voltage: 1025
Core Clock: 832
Shader Clock: 1664
Memory Clock: 2100
Fan: On AUto

ran Furmark on Fullscreen (1920x1080)multisampling:4x 60ms

now OCd the settings gradually till i started getting black screens and constant rebooting and stopped at

Core Voltage: 1100
Core Clock: 980
Shader Clock: 1960
Memoery CLock 2160
Fan Speed: 70

...I can actually go up more but just stopped here because wanted to see a quick benchmark test...and came up with around 1800....o_O

now im not sure what i did there to make it lower? Lol
can someone maybe point in some direction to what im doin wrong, please bare with me lol first time in all this OCing xD

Furmark is worthless as a benchmark, it's really only suited for temperature diagnostic. Download and run 3DMark 11 or the Unigine Heaven Benchmark or I think there maybe a FF benchmark. And post a score link or a screenshot or both (depending upon the benchmark you run).

ok will do thanks brb for post

ok so i downloaded Unigne heaven benchmark utility. installed it and crap...but when i open it up just gives me black screen in windowed mode with the Unigine logo in the bottom corner so idk whats up with that so im gonna try for 3DMark 11

Please don't double post, if you have something else to add to the conversation and no one has posted a reply since your last post (within a 24 hr. period), please use the edit button (looks like a pencil) to add it to your previous post.

Ran 3DMark 11 got X2262 after did benchmark testings...pretty much on all my test didnt go above 15FPS -.-.....

Below is specs,settings,etc.

Description:

Processor
Intel Core i7-2600K Processor

Processor clock
4489 MHz

Physical / logical processors
1 / 4

# of cores

Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Vendor
Micro-Star International Co ., Ltd.

# of cards

SLI / CrossFire
Off

Memory
3072 MB

Core clock
832 MHz

Memory clock
2100 MHz

Driver name
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580

Driver version

Driver status
FM Approved

General

Operating system
64-bit Windows 7 (6.1.7601)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P67A-UD7-B3

Memory
8192 MB

Module 1
4096 MB G.Skill 9 @ 800 MHz
Module 2
4096 MB G.Skill 9 @ 800 MHz

Detailed scores

3DMark Score
X2262
Graphics Score
Physics Score
Combined Score
GraphicsTest1
10 FPS
GraphicsTest2
10 FPS
GraphicsTest3
10 FPS
GraphicsTest4
6 FPS
PhysicsTest
20 FPS
CombinedTest
12 FPS

Settings

Default settings used
Yes

Edition
Advanced

Screen Width
Screen Height
Msaa Sample Count
Texture Filtering Mode
Anisotropic
Max Af Anisotropy
Tessellation Detail
Max Tessellation Factor
ShadowMapSize
Shadow Cascade Count
Surface Shadow Sample Count
Volumetric Illumination Quality
Ambient Occlusion Quality
Depth Of Field Quality
Enable Window Mode
Off
Enable Vertical Sync
Off
Enable Triple Buffering
Off
Enable Wireframe
Off
Color Saturation
100%

Some of those settings idk whether i was to lower it or increase it, so i needa do more research on that, and also i havent tried doing a benchmark test with my GPU OC'd(Using MSI afterburner). So i thought i coulda got more outta this GPU unless im just not setting it up right or something, Would be cool if someone can give me some pointers :D

Thanks!

I paid $600 for each of my GTX480's when they were released. Plus my system is highly overclocked.

Your score is just a little low for your system spec's. You have Hyper-Threading disabled and 3DMark11 will benefit with it being enabled.

Since your worried about your FF14 gameplay you should try the FF14 benchmark. I'll post my scores after I run it.

FilePlanet: Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark

Edit:

FF14 Benchmark, single GTX480 with no OC, 2600K @ 5GHz

ff14q.jpg

FF14 Benchmark, GTX480 SLI with no OC, 2600K @ 5GHz

ff14slikjj.jpg

ok ****, idk what was going on when i was getting below 30 FPS when i was playing FF14 but for some reason after i ran benchmark than got a score of 6600...logged back into FF14 FPS was doing fine up at 55-60 which is ok for me lol...

Heres a SS of just a recent FF benchmark:
2vl9xzn.jpg

-But glad i ran into this topic, because i really want to see what i can do to get a better result out off 3DMark 11. Ran 3Dmark11 again right after i did the FF benchmarks and still got around 2000-2500. The only option i can see is go SLI with GTX580s...ive OC'd as much as i can using MSI's Afterburner so thats the only option i really have left xD

heres a SS of what afterburner has my GPU OC to:
16bdd3l.jpg

Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom