GPU Aftermarket Cooling Question - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Send a message via AIM to Riznarf
Default GPU Aftermarket Cooling Question

Hey all-

I'm thinking about getting an aftermarket GPU cooler for my GTX 570. But I have a few questions:

1. Are GPU aftermarket coolers much better than the stock ones like aftermarket CPU coolers are so much better than the stock one?
2. I'm thinking about getting - Vantec Iceberq 4 Copper VGA Cooling Kit with LED Light - Model CCB-A4C , thoughts?
3. Will the above cooler fit a GTX 570? I couldnt find any info anywhere in the details.
3. Are there any good guides on how to remove your old GPU cooler and throw on the new HS/F?
5. Is it really worth the effort?

ASRock H67M
i7-2500k @ 3.30
eVGA gtx 570 @ 880/1000
2x 4gb G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1333
Corsair 600w PSU
3DMark 11: 6595
Old 03-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru
Default Re: GPU Aftermarket Cooling Question

1. Sometimes they are. Most high end cards already have beefy coolers and the need or want for aftermarket is to make them more silent.
2. No, that is way too small.
3. See above.
4. These will work.
5. Depends on the cooler. If you have the reference cooler for the GTX570 and don't overclock then not really. It'll get a bit noisy during stressful games but other than that it is pretty quiet.
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
Closed Thread