Got my 2.66P4 up to 3.14 ghz and still stable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok well that's most likely why your overclock is crapping out on you. It looks like the ram. See if you can set the ram speeds in your bios and set it to 166MHz or up the voltage by like .05V.

wait what do you mean, what do i do?

like where? i know what to do with it, but i cant find it... hummm strange
would it be my dim voltage?

Well it looks like your ram is screwing you up. This is what happenes. You ram and fsb run in a 1:1 ratio so that they can communicate without being bottlenecked. Say your fsb if 200Mz then your ram will be running at 200MHz. Every time you rais the FSB 1 the ram speed will go up 1. So you ram is probably hitting the highest it can go with stock voltages. See if you can put the ram voltage up a bit or lossen the timings.

0k right now its at 2.6V where should i step it up to?

becase the best ive gotten with my timming is 2-3-3-7 but there it will usually freez up in 15 or so
so im sticking with 2.5-3-3-6

i can only go to 2.7

i thought i was suppoed to get the lowest ram timeing i could get

You are but it won't make a noticable difference. What would be better a CPU @ 3.14GHz with those timings or @ like 3.22GHz with slightly losser timings. If you dont want to loosen the timings then just up the voltage to like 2.65V. You'd probably be red-lining it at like 2.75 or 2.8V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom