Got most of my parts in

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
Everything but my case and video card came yesterday so I decided to just go ahead and get a head start on the modding. I plugged in the cpu to make sure it worked with an old pci videocard i have from a very old computer and I proceded to lap the tuniq and processor. In retrospect I should have taken the base off the tuniq instead of just holding the whole thing but everything turned out fine. After about 45min on the tuniq I got all the divited areas flat and smooth ending with 800grit. The processor was 10times easier and I'm very happy with the result. The surface of the processor was very concave and the copper under the nickle(?) has a distinctive rise that would of taken another 45min to fully expose. PCU still boots, and I'm super pumped about getting the rest of my parts today or tomorrow.

Pics of the whole operation coming soon, I'm at work ATM.

e6750 /w Tuniq
P35 DS3R
EVGA 8800GTX
gSkill 800 HZ 2gigs
Seagate 320gb 7200.1 SATA
Corsair 520HX PSU
Thermaltake Armor Full Black w/ 25cm fan
22" Samsung 226bw S Panel

BTW, I took another pass at the tuniq under some sandpaper and I was going to take the base off this time to make it easier. Anybody try this? It was stuck hard and I couldn't get it off. =( it looks great anyways though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom