Good OC'ing ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well how am I supposed to overclock and play F.E.A.R then?
You don't have to have 2GB to be able to play FEAR...I can max out settings with soft shadows and some AA and AF enabled and my framerate is still fine, this being only with 1GB...of course memory is really what holds this games full potential back but that's simply because it isn't optimized well

Besides that...good luck playing FEAR on a GeForce4

Obviously someone can't read, since I said with an AMD 64 bit and an nF4 mobo, which common sense would dictate that you can't run my current card (agp) on a PCI-E mobo sillies :p.

Okay, I need ram that will run 300htt in a 1:1 ratio. Is it possible? 300htt x 10 multiplier = 3ghz right? Will that fry my mobo?

Do those have the TCCD chips? Or I guess that won't matter because I wouldn't be overclocking them. Will the DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI mobo handle 300htt with a 1:1 memory divider?

Edit: After looking carefully, I can't seem to find any DDR600 with low memory timings. Do they not make them at 2 2-2-2-5 1T? Or will it not matter? There seems to be mixed reviews on all of the DDR600 pieces.

2nd EDIT: I found the GBFF, so this stuff is really good?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231014

Edit: After looking carefully, I can't seem to find any DDR600 with low memory timings. Do they not make them at 2 2-2-2-5 1T? Or will it not matter? There seems to be mixed reviews on all of the DDR600 pieces.
You don't seem to understand the concept of memory latency...when you increase memory speed you have to compensate stability by slightly slowing down how the RAM handles reading and writing the data...if you don't know memory timings are basically measurements of how long memory takes at a certain point in the read/write process...if you increase memory frequency you can't maintain the faster timings and results in memory errors

The only exception to this rule would be BH-5 chips which compensate latency with extremely high vdimm...BH-5s are known to do 270MHz 2-2-2-5 1T @ 3.6vdimm with active cooling of course

Read this for RAM listings of what will generally do 300MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom