is this a good oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

an51r

In Runtime
Screen01.jpg
this is my oc its my first time ocing with any success and i was wondering if u ppl thought this was good? I had real crappy ram b4 and couldnt get past 2.2. The only thing i was wondering is there any way i could get my gpu faster it only goes to 430\440 from 400\400 with rivatuner. Do i need to give it more power or turn it up more form bios??One last thing what is a good stability test i ran 3d mark06 3 times in a row without crashing or going over 50c. I also ran cpu stability test 5.0 for 2 hours without crashing. thanks in advance for your input.

That's not a bad overclock for your first time. Try using coolbits or ATI tool beta for overclocking the GPU.

what cooling do you use reggie, you are the one who got me into this oc ing buisiness.Is there something i must do for the gpu oc cause in rivatuner anything over 430/440 crashes my card.

Well I'm using liquid cooling. I'm surprised that your card isn't getting a higher clock than that. What are the temps like? What brand is it? Use ATI tool to try and go higher.

yah me to. its a biostar 7600gs 512 mb http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814141032 i will try the ati tool and let you know what happens.Do you think it is wise to oc my cpu anymore with air cooling. I have an aftermarket antec cpu heatsink/fan with an 80mm blowing in form the side, an 120mm from the rear, an 80mm out in the front and one more 80mm in the side blowing on the hard drives. running the cpu stability test 5.0 the max temp was 50c.
edit: will not let me use the ati tool, except for artifact scans, cause my card is nvidia.i will try cool bits

You shouldn't go above 50*C full load. What thermal paste are you using, if your not using AS5 get some and it will give you more overlcoking headroom. As of right now though stay at 2.5GHz.

I've always said any overclock is a good one. Provided you dont let the magic smoke get released from the cpu!!

GPU's are notorious heaters, just make sure to monitor and keep them down...

ok well i got a better heatsink/fan for my cpu now i am up to 2.7 at 32c idle. now i only have the voltage at 1.35 if there was any stability probs my computer would crash, like if the cpu needed more power. I ran the everest ultimate edition stability test for 20 min. and it ran fine i reached a max temp of 43c.So I think i have enough power going to the cpu, any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom