Good MOBO and Processor Recomendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am going to go with the Athlon 64 3500+, But I am still deciding on a mobo, it will be either the MSI or Abit, I just need to make up my mind which.

Another quick question, What would be a good PSU to get?

Thanks for all the help!
Matt

Ultra 500w Modular Connection PSU

-or

Thermaltake 560w PurePower PSU

both are $100, I've built two machines with both and are wonderful. My machine which has 9 case fans, 1 on the CPU, 2 in the PSU runs OC'd with this PSU just fine. has a +12v rail of 22a which is generally always the weakest rail, but that 22a should provide you with enough juice for whatever you want. The ultra 500w power supply has a 30a rated +12v rail so that REALLY leaves a lot of extra room on the +12v rail and both have adequate wattage.

Regarding your mobo decision, yeah both are really good and really you can't go wrong with either. So hell pin up a piece of paper with ABit and MSI written on it and start chuckin darts :p

with ample cooling couldn't a A64 3000+ be overclocked to the same max as the 3500+? this is with the winchester 90nm...thought I read it somewhere

You'd need more than ample cooling, better word would probably be 'insane' but yeah I suppose if you could keep it cool enough you could get it up that fast, I saw in another forum a contest going to see who could OC their AMD64's the most, but as for if a 3000+ will reach 3500+ I'm not really sure at the moment. Don't think there's been enough OC'ing with the AMD64's yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom