Is this a good fan setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
Well, I haven't been doing this as long as some of you...lemme know what you think about this fan setup. :)

Currently I have:
Intake-
2x80mm left-panel
1x80mm front-bezel

Exhaust-
1x120mm rear
1x80mm blowhole
2x80mm PSU (but only one spins unless it gets too hot)

Later today, after everybody is awake, I'm going to bust out the Dremel and whack a hole in the right-side panel, and I'm thinking about having an 80mm exhaust, that should draw heat off the harddrives.

Rather than endlessly changing fan configurations (considering most fans are tied in with a million wires) I figured I'd ask here. :)

your current setup is how most people (including me) have their fans pointed. Front/side panels intake, rear/top exhaust.

What are your temps for everything? if the cooling isint getting the job dont you can allways either switch out fans for higher CFM ones or cut bigger holes. but the first would be easier/quicker :)

Actually I was thinking of hacking out the stock rear fan grill in my case. It's just one of those with a million holes. Do those really restrict airflow as much as I think they do?

I have a 120mm fan back there that blows at around 75CFM (it was a cheapie) and it barely feels like air is moving when I stick my hand behind it. Is that the fan grill?

try taking the fan off your computer and just setting it on your desk. turn your PC on and if you feel more air flow without it being on your case, it might be the case holes restricting it.

fzk said:
try taking the fan off your computer and just setting it on your desk. turn your PC on and if you feel more air flow without it being on your case, it might be the case holes restricting it.

Heh...I would, but the way I have it daisy-chained in there, it's a pain to remove lol.

I'll probally rip the crappy case grill out when I get around to ordering a 120mm fan grill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom