Good Desktop for Gaming??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea im not overclocking....also...is the case's 350w power supply going to be enough???

why do you say stay away from kingston value ram kangaroo? That's what I got =P

EDIT: And yeah I planned on OC'ing that 35w 2400+ XP-M but the way my computers been acting lately I don't know.....I upped my FSB by one from 133 to 139 and upped the vcore from 1.6 to 1.625 computer locked up....using jumpers didn't fix it...had to use jumpers and pop out battery before the thing would let me back in BIOS....wondering if I should get a better mobo or give up on computers.....I swear they hate me =/ gets me depressed cause I can't afford shit that often so its saddening when shit fries on me all the time....already had my FX 5700 do that...after spending a month troubleshooting then finally get a new mobo to get it to work 2 months later it fries......why aren't a rich asian/indian damnit

a 19 inch crt monitor should do fine it doesn't matter which one really, as long as you get one that has .25 dot pitch or less diagonally. here is one http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=24-191-004&depa=1

$159 USD
I priced out you system as best i could, (model numbers would help lol) and it came to $1198(that is approximate since i don't know the exact dvd drive, and i am assuming the cpu is retail) add $399 and you get the price with that lcd monitor. or you can get the crt, which are better for gaming, and with the money you save, you can get a 6800 GT :) the xfx GT is $418 and the albatron GT is $403
with the crt monitor and the XFX GT it comes out to ~$1616
also, don't forget S&H

ya thats tru but i heard the antec power supply is way different that the 350w is equal to some 500w......but i dont know....

man if hes not even ocing then he dosent need that big a psu 350 is fine unless he gat a vid card that draws like 100 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom