Good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Zip1

In Runtime
yeah im im planning on buying all my parts for my new computer from www.ncix.com and www.tigerdirect.ca , i was just wondering if you guys think this is a good deal, or i should go somewere else.. keep in mind these are canadian prices, and if i go sumwere else it would have to be a canadian site.

Case : Powmax ATX Case with Clear Side, Front USB, LED Fans and 400Watt Power Supply ($69.99)
Processor: AMD Athlon™ XP2800+ / 512K Cache / 333MHz FSB / Socket A / Processor / Barton Core ($167.99)
MOBO : Gigabyte - 7N400L - nVIDIA nForce2 - Socket A ATX Motherboard with Audio, AGP 8X, USB 2.0 and 10/100Mbps Ethernet LAN Support ($119.99)
Memory:premium 512MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory (139.99)
HD : Seagate Barracuda 40GB ATA/100 8.9MS 7200 OEM ($80.62)
Floppy : 1.44MB High Density Floppy Drive ($11.02)
Video Card : [Im putting my old one in it] ($0.00)
Heat Sink : Aerocool Phantom CPU Fan for Intel Celeron and AMD Athlon Processors ($41.99)

and a grand total off... $600ish.. so yeah if you could tell me if im getting really ripped off in certain partts of if like one thing is incompatible with the other (things like if the heatsink wont fit on the mobo.. etc) it would be greatly apreciated... thankz

They're both great companies...that's a great price, you won't find cheaper anywhere else really, other than newegg but they dont ship to canada.

im not so great with compatability questions, so i won't say anything, but i've noticed that some parts on ncix's pc builder aren't compatible in the drop down menus.

If you're in the Toronto, Ontario area, check out www.gogocomputers.com (they have a new site so you're better off checking the store) i dont think they have shipping though

yeah, well, i think everything up thier im gonna get except for the generic ram, my buddy told me that it would be better if i spent a couple extra bucks and got 'Kingston HyperX 512MB PC3700 DDR 466MHz Memory ($160.99) ' it would be well worth it, because i am planning on overclocking my comp. so yeah have u guys heard anything bad about any of these parts?, or if u have heard something really good about any of these parts?, it would be great if u told me... thanks

It all looks pretty good, I would get a bigger hard disk if I were you tho...
You'll have to overclock your cpu by a lot to get the most out of the 3700 ram, I personally would stick to 3200 stuff with fast timinigs. The 3500 and above really come in to their own with a P4 cpu.

Tell me if I'm wrong guy's... but shouldnt this guy get a good power supply unit for all this nifty stuff?

Every case ive seen that came from either one of those sites are good... but the power supply that is supplied with them never give the right voltages to modern cpu's.

Out of 4 case/PSU combos from tigerdirect that iv'e seen people buy, all 4 power supplies were eventually replaced with a 40-50$ 400 watter...

So i would say get an extra good 400w power supply with a warranty on it

well, well my friend is running the same case with the power supply for like the last 2 or so months and he has pretty much the same specs as im getting and hes never had a problem. but i dunno, i guess ill just waite till it breaks down to get a new Power Supply, ya know the saying "Dont fix somethen thats not broken" :) hah, but yeah im still fine tuning exactly what im getting, so any more incite into my new parts would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom