Good CPU Cooler for Phenom II X4 940?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
Just wondering what you guys have found to be the best aftermarket heatsink/fan for a Phenom II X4 that is good for some Moderate overclocking?

Looking at buying my 940 as soon as I know which Heatsink/Fan to buy so I can overclock it. I would like to get it to about a 3.6Ghz, a friend of mine says his is pushed to a 3.4 on the stock cooler but he doesn't want to go over that.

Sooo, yeah, just wondering what is the best one. I really don't like the screw down ones, I like the ones that clip onto the stock base.

Thanks,
Kyle

Not after the MIR. ;) But it's about the same. I guess it just matters on which one you like the look of better in this case, since they have similar performance levels.

I've got that Xigmatek 120MM Rifle and I love it. Ran an Intel burn test on my CPU a while back and it neither core went above 44C. The only thing I don't like about it is that I had to buy a clamp for it so it wouldn't bend my main board but that shouldn't matter for you because AMD doesn't have push pins like Intel does.

Next question is, what do you think I could overclock it to with this heatsink? Think it is possible to get 3.8Ghz out of it or would that only be possible with water cooling?

I have 4 other fans running in my computer and it is kept on my hardwood floor, I am thinking about buying a small portable fan and running it next to my case window with the vent.

You can easily get to 3.8ghz on an aftermarket HSF. Can't say if it will be stable or not, but I doubt it will be. I run 3.5ghz stable on my 720 with the stock HSF with load temps maxing at 60c. I think rican is running at 3.6ghz 24/7 stable, and he's using the Rifle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom