Good cases for internal water cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't even like the looks of it, and prefer a case with a window, especially if I'm adding water cooling. Other case suggestions?

How good are you with tools?

Do you know what a hole saw is?

Or do you have a dremel?

Bitspower Mesh Radguard 360 (3 x 120mm) - Black Aluminum Products Model: BP-MRG360A-BK [BP-MRG360A-BK] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

This paired with basically any case that has a flat metal top and either a bottom mounted psu or space above the psu makes for a simple and easy way to mount a radiator in the top of a case.

You will however need to do a decent amount of cutting.

We don't really have many power tools in the house, nor am I experienced with them. What would options be with an external set up? And how hard is that to move, as I won't have to move my computer frequently, but a few times a year I'd have to bring it home from college.

(And congrats on the 4500th post! :D)

I would highly recommend you get a dremel, it really is a great tool.

My setup is partially external, I have my radiator hanging off the back of my case with the barbs pointing in from the back and appropriate spaces cut to allow the tubes to run inside.

This method works best with taller cases as it give you room for the radiator to hang down.

However depending on your case chances are it will require some amount of modding to get your tubing runs done nicely.

A gigabyte Aurora, will fit a dual 120mm rad off the back and easily accomadate tubing into the case without any modding.

See my old setup.

techPowerUp! :: Case Modding Gallery : 2008 Black Aurora Updates

So any case that's of a decent height with the holes in the back for tubing could work fine then? Because the Antec 900 has the holes, and I do really like that case (though I know you think differently :p).

What's a good budget external rad?

LOL at the spammer that thinks his business will prosper...

So any case that's of a decent height with the holes in the back for tubing could work fine then? Because the Antec 900 has the holes, and I do really like that case (though I know you think differently :p).

What's a good budget external rad?

LOL at the spammer that thinks his business will prosper...

The 900 is garbage.

There is no such thing as an external rad, your simply mounting a radiator outside the case.

The best budget rads are the Swiftech MCR series.

Either 120, 220, 320 depending on size.

The 900 is garbage.

There is no such thing as an external rad, your simply mounting a radiator outside the case.

The best budget rads are the Swiftech MCR series.

Either 120, 220, 320 depending on size.

Ah, okay. I was looking at the MCR220. So the loop and everything is the same, it's just a matter of where the radiator is mounted? Is there anything extra needed in order to mount the MCR220 externally, and is it difficult to mount it? And does it make for more of a hassle to move the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom