A good Case Modder, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattD4

Solid State Member
Could you help me with this?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What kind of things do you use while doing case mods, and other mods inside your computer. Do you use alot of heatshrink for wires, and stuff? I'm just wondering because my father runs a business where he sells screw/nuts/bolts/paint/fuses/wire..ect for cars but I was looking through some cataloges while I was at his warehouse the other day and I seen some things that look relitively similar to stuff used in computer, like the heatshrink for example which is used for wiring cars, can also be used for wires in a computer if that needed to be done. Anything else that is used often? Because if I figure this out, perhaps I can start a business of myself selling to random computer stores around here on my own and make some extra $$. Which is needed badly.

Also, I'm just curious of this:

If I wanted to cut into an aluminum case, what tools would I need to do a nice, clean cut?

Im not exactly sure about the wires. For cutting into an aluminum case, i would use a dremel tool or a roughter. The only thing is to make a template of what you want to cut and use that otherwise you may cut something that you dont want to cut

before cutting put tape on the case, and then draw out line, this will prevent the case from getting scratched and breaking off paint if there is any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom