A good BIOS for overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meck

In Runtime
I am a relatively new overclocker. The thing is my old computer which i mess around with has a real old BIOS. I was wondering if you guys can recommend a good BIOS for overclocking????

Does anybody have a idea, because my BIOS is real old and i need to replace it.

If there are no updates for the bios, on the motherboard manufacturer's site, then you would have to buy a newer board.

yeah a bios usually doesnt increase oc'ed capabilities too drastically. i would suggest a new board. like a DFI or if your AMD the nf7-s v2.0 from ABIT, good board

not all mobo's can overclock....if the bois wont let you then it probrably is not capable....is it a computer you had build or that you built yourself or is it a company built computer....compaq, dell,ect.....

Right um... something needs to be pointed out here.

I get the feeling you have the impression that ANY bios can be put on ANY machine. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT THE CASE. Bios are very specific to motherboards and while most DO have updates, if one version is not overclocker friendly, the others arent either.

A new motherboard is the only anwer to your question.

The thing is that this is my messing around computer, which i do not want to spend money on. I have a ABIT SH-6, which is an ancient board, for which i have tried to find a new BIOS, but i cannot. Any advices where i can find it.

Also mike... would u mind changing your picture, becasue i think it is the same as mine

Ok now that i have downloaded the BIOS... How do i install it???

Seriously i have no idea how to do it?
Also what it this flash thing?
Kind of lost....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom