Good AM2 Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
hey ya'll i'm looking for a good am2 mobo.. as mine is the gayest there is...

Newegg.com - ECS NFORCE4M-A (V1.1) Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 4X ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

don't buy from ecs... i'm fairly disappointed... i have random hangups, where my computer will completely freeze when i'm hardly doing anything... could be a memory problem.. who knows... but i know for sure this never happened with my s939 3800x2 and a gig of g.skill ram

another peeve is that i randomly get this missing file while i'm booting and have to restart....

you get what you pay for huh?

i just realized i'm in the overclocking section... someone move this please!!! lol

and 5200+ x2, who has one... that is also under consideration seeing as its only like 160 dollars or something like that... incredible!!!!!! just insane prices...

anyway, on to other things.. before i make my newer computer, i wanna upgrade this a bit so i can actually enjoy it at times.... so i'm on the look out for a good SLi mobo, cuz i have 2 6800's just laying around... well i have 1 in the computer now.. gay 6800 vanilla's, so nothing special.... i havent kept up with anything am2, and my price range is around the 100 dollar mark, cuz i don't want anything too fancy

ya i remembered nagasama has that 590 board... and since he's a hardcore AMD fanboy i thought i could trust his tastes :) and that 550 is highly recommended with the x2 3600+

ya i remembered nagasama has that 590 board... and since he's a hardcore AMD fanboy i thought i could trust his tastes :) and that 550 is highly recommended with the x2 3600+

lol good memory vernong!
yeah nosboost i HIGHLY recommend the evga 590 sli. it is well worth the 129.00 (after MIR) that it costs. it is the exact same board as the foxconn 590 am2, and they are both excellent overclockers.
plus, it has controls and settings out the @$$...you can make it do just about anything.
my own board allows me to boot stable at over 330mhz external clock, which i find almost unbelievable for an am2. but, it does.
and it runs both my 7900gs' in sli without so much as a hiccup.
remember, it has an 8-pin cpu power connector, so if your psu has a four, get the adapter. it will run on 4 pin, but i put the adapter on just to be safe.
HIGHLY recommend the evga 590 sli.

yeah, and its funny...like i said the evga is the exact same board.
apokalipse turned me on to it...he has the foxconn and gets really good clocks out of it.

hey ya'll i'm looking for a good am2 mobo.. as mine is the gayest there is...

Newegg.com - ECS NFORCE4M-A (V1.1) Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 4X ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

don't buy from ecs... i'm fairly disappointed... i have random hangups, where my computer will completely freeze when i'm hardly doing anything... could be a memory problem.. who knows... but i know for sure this never happened with my s939 3800x2 and a gig of g.skill ram

another peeve is that i randomly get this missing file while i'm booting and have to restart....

you get what you pay for huh?

i just realized i'm in the overclocking section... someone move this please!!! lol

and 5200+ x2, who has one... that is also under consideration seeing as its only like 160 dollars or something like that... incredible!!!!!! just insane prices...

anyway, on to other things.. before i make my newer computer, i wanna upgrade this a bit so i can actually enjoy it at times.... so i'm on the look out for a good SLi mobo, cuz i have 2 6800's just laying around... well i have 1 in the computer now.. gay 6800 vanilla's, so nothing special.... i havent kept up with anything am2, and my price range is around the 100 dollar mark, cuz i don't want anything too fancy

lol read the reviews at Newegg on your mobo and read the reviews on the 2 mobos recommended hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom