Gigabyte GH-PDU21 cpu cooler question. Is 55C ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzo115

Beta member
I recently bought this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835128009
cpu cooler for my core 2 duo e6300. Full computer specs are at the end.

Basically I am seeing very, very high temperatures with only a small amount of overclocking. I have read reviews on this cpu cooler and they say that is very effective. It idles at around 45 C, full load 52 C, and it has hit 55 C before!

I am wondering if these are ok numbers to have. I am a bit of a novice overclocker but I know what I'm doing when it comes to building PCs. Any help regarding this issue will be greatly appreciated. I have this post bookmarked and I will check back later tonight.

Overclocked: Base=1.86GHz with a x7 multiplier. I have it at 2.15GHz still at x7 I believe but cpuz says its 6. FSB = 1231.2 MHz. Bus speed=307.8 MHz

Full system specs: Asus P5B mobo, c2d e6300, 2 1 GB 667MHz Corsair sticks, and 2 512 MB Kingston 667MHz sticks (3 GB total), Asus x1950 Pro video, a quality brand 430W power supply, and the cpu cooler mentioned above (see link).

Also, I noticed my video card sometimes breaks 62 C :amazed:... this can't be good can it?

55C on a processor isn't bad. I wouldn't sweat it at all. You could try to re-seat the heatsink and see if that helps.

I always seem to get one of those processors that doesn't overclock well. I used to have one of those Barton 2500+ processors and all i could squeeze out of it was a 3000+ overclock. I ran that thing at 62 C for about two years and i had no issues.

As for the video card, 60 C is fine. I have an x850XT (No laughing please) and it ran at about 75C with stock cooling. I bought an aftermarket cooler and got the temps down to ~60 when i'm playing games. Bottom line here is: If you're not crashing or getting artifacts don't worry too much about those temps on your video card. The temps are high, but that's normal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom