Gigabyte DS3 ****ing me off

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
I don't know what it is but this motherboard refuses to overclock even a tiny bit. I had the same exact problem until I switched to a XFX 6800GS because I heard the board had some problems overclocking with different video cards. I've been able to run my e6300 2.8GHZ 24/7 afterwards.

Because of the great value of this board I recommended it to 2 of my friends and built them computers, I promised that they could hit 2.8 just like I did.

I did everything I was suppose to do, I upgraded their bios to the latest one, set everything the same as my machine, and their fsb won't even raise 10mhz without resetting. It refuses to even try to boot with a different fsb. It's like every single time I save the setting, it just turns off any tweak to the FSB!

This puts me in a horrible situation because each of these builds were over a thousand dollars, and my friends are putting the blame on me that their computers aren't as fast as mine(even though its pretty fast already).

The cards they each have are XFX 7900GT and XFX 7900GS. Is there ANY way I can get their boards to overclock. I've been thinking about just unplugging the 6800GS on my computer bringing it over to their house and overclocking with that card in, and plugging their card back in after I'm done. But I'm not sure how effective that would be.

My board refused to OC just like the situation above. I realized the problem was with the RAM:FSB ratio. I couldn't get it to go to a 1:1 ratio in the BIOS, so I eventually just tried using the Easy Tune program, and it set it to a 1:1 ratio and then I could overclock. There's not actually an option that lets to change it to a 1:1, but when you start raising the FSB, you'll notice the frequency is probably in the 600's or 800's. You'll want to have your FSB at 266 and your Frequency at 533, then you're in a 1:1 ratio. It might ask you to restart, do so, and you're good to go.

But my ram goes up to 800MHZ.

I currently just run 2x memory multiplier. And then I just set the FSB at 400MHZ and the ram at 800MHZ and I have a 2.8GHZ oc. Works fine and is completely stable on this rig. Won't work at all in any of my friend's nor does any oc work.

Gigabyte motherboards ARE NOT MEANT FOR OVERCLOCKING.

I'm currently trying to get a DFI so I can get rid of this horrid piece of shod.

Thats weird i'm at 3.0ghz with my ds3 motherboard. but my ratio is 1:1.

You know, I have the same problem with mine DS3, up the FSB by like 10Mhz and I won't be able to boot. Reading around, Gigabyte boards also have a cold boot problem and retaining OC's...

If I knew this earlier, I would of bought a gd ASUS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom