Ghost in my Computer!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

..>Lost<..

Baseband Member
I have been coming home and finding my pc on, I had thought that my wife was turning it on and couldnt get in then leaving it on. But this morning i shut it off and like two minutes later in front of me it just came on!!!! WTF????? I was thiking maybe the power switch is jammed but it seems to be just fine. It does not shut off ar anything on its own just turns back on and powers up after it is shut down. Any help????:rolleyes:

Check the bios lost, there's a timer on the bios that will make your computer boot up automatically at selected times, maybe it has something to do with that =/ that's my only guess

How about some Ad aware & spyware scans?

I had a friend who couldn't turn his computer off, spy bot S&D fixed that. Funny how yours just turns back on. Sp(o)(o)ky! :eek:

I think that I found it, was a setting in the bios called wake on LAN and it was enabled. Turned it off and hasn't came on again.:freak:

you could of at least pretended it was possesed by demons so we could all get a laugh out of it :sigh: WOL does not trigger on unless somebody speciffically sends a magic packet with your network card's MAC address on it....in two places inside the magic packet actually. this isn't something that can be triggered accidentally unless maybe the network card is glitchy. on some mobos they have a feature to wake up the computer at a set time called wake-on-alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom