gfx woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

crward

In Runtime
well my xfx 5950 ultra has decided it is till to die, upsetting since it is only 7 months old. i'm now on the hunt for a new card so what should i get?!? limit is £300 gbp. all sugestions welcome ;)

crward said:
lol fast response!! i play hl2,nfs underground,doom 3 etc, alot of the newer games

so you don't have a budget really? If not then a 6600GT will run HL2 and Doom3 pretty good. NFSU will play full detail on my 9200 lol...not much worry about that. An AGP 6600GT should be ~$200 i believe.

fitzfan said:
isnt 300 gbp like $575 US? then i would go with a 6800 ultra, from newegg

oh i didnt see that in his first post! lol. if that conversion is right then wow...thats alot for a gfx card. i could build a pretty good computer on that alone lol. definetly one of the 6800U's...

I say get a X850XT PE it will last you long and be able to play any game on the market now with everything set on full settings.

neosteve said:
I say get a X850XT PE it will last you long and be able to play any game on the market now with everything set on full settings.

It barely beats the 6800U (actually loses in a few runs), and it has to be AGP. So he might be limited to the 2nd best line of cards (which still perform awesome in the latest games) since the newer ones are only PCI-E.

http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/article/1761/

Ill tell you why the X850 barely beats the 6800U in those tests. First of all the test where run at 1024x768. If you had to increase the resolution the X850XT PE shines in glory and drops the 6800 behind in almost all tests quite a bit. Also the only test the 6800U beat the X850XT PE was Doom 3 and everybody knows that doom 3 belongs to NVIDIA cards and there is no real competition there between the 2 there so in the end the X850XT PE beats the 6800U.

No harm meant there 4W4K3 I was just correcting you and defending the X850XT PE.
Sorry also didnÂ’t know you needed an AGP card I would say the 6800U as well.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom