Gf-fx5700 Gpu Core Temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol hell if I know. I have the FX 5700 256mb card, but it's not the Ultra version and from what I've read that's where they started putting in the temp monitoring. I wish I knew how hot it was and is getting during gameplay =/

Nubius said:
lol hell if I know. I have the FX 5700 256mb card, but it's not the Ultra version and from what I've read that's where they started putting in the temp monitoring. I wish I knew how hot it was and is getting during gameplay =/
Well, I just spent the last 4 hours playing Star War Galaxies, and I was able to keep the GF-FX5700 down to 51c.
I can monitor this as I have a Hardcano 12 temperator monitor right next to the GPU.

I just like to know if I should worry if this get passed 60c or 70c.

Normally GPU's run MUCH hotter than mobo+cpu temps. I'd say the max temperatur you should play with is around 65C

yeah I'm pretty sure the newer cards are hittin in the 70s possibly 80C, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Your temps seem fine compared to other cards, although my friends 9600XT 256mb stays in the 30's-40's Celsius when he games

I would like to know this cards temps though because the first one I got had a small fan on it, and it later fried....must have overheated which I'm pretty sure it did. I got it RMA'd and it came back with a much bigger heatsink on it.

Nubius said:
I would like to know this cards temps though because the first one I got had a small fan on it, and it later fried....must have overheated which I'm pretty sure it did. I got it RMA'd and it came back with a much bigger heatsink on it.
I have seen a few of those. I remember my old RIVA TNT M64 32Mb Video Card. The Heat sink was only glue on via thermal tape. I have seen a few GeForce and GeForce II card with the same problem.

lol this was a damn FX 5700 though! :p But yeah they must have had a few returns or something since it came back with a much larger fan.

The GeForce2 MX 32mb card I have sitting here as an old spare came with no heatsink on it. No passive no active, nothing at all just the GPU bare. I put on a spare VGA Fan I had laying around, but I don't use the card anymore so it really doesn't matter

Nubius said:
lol this was a damn FX 5700 though! :p But yeah they must have had a few returns or something since it came back with a much larger fan.
FFFfar out!! :rolleyes:
Was this EAGLE-TECH????

a friend of mine can get a 5700 Ultra for 85 Aussie dollars. I wonder if they had fallen of the back of a truck for that price........

I want one..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom