Getting up than 3.6Ghz :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok mates, thanks, ill read everything Antec-User posted in the link, and post my results soon

hello i have a phenom II BE and motherboard Asus M3A78, iam getting some issues overclocking it above of 3.6Ghz, iam using 8gb ram corsair 800, but from what iam reading memory is very important thing at overclocking, then i thought, would be a big deal for me change my memories for 2x2gb corsair dominator 1066Mhz?

and even if itsnot important to get above 3.6..would it even be a deal to have a faster system?

Re: Getting best ddr2 to overclock

Welcome to the forums! I have gotten some corsair 800 ram to overclock 1066 before. Are you overclocking your ram as well, or are you leaving it at stock speeds?

Re: Getting best ddr2 to overclock

Welcome to the forums! I have gotten some corsair 800 ram to overclock 1066 before. Are you overclocking your ram as well, or are you leaving it at stock speeds?

when i overclock my 800 ram, i get this at 960

Have you tried downclocking your RAM at all to get higher CPU clocks? When you're pushing the FSB higher, it helps.

no i didnot, ill try , then ill down my memory to 333, and overclock pc to 3.7 by increasing the fsb. maybe it works, but how about memory timming? do i leave how it is 5-5-5-13 or set it to auto? and voltage of memory?

I would set it at auto to start with, and don't set it all the way down to 333. I start at 667, then go down to 533 if I have to. You only really need to do this when you're upping the FSB though, because when you do that it automatically overclocks the memory as well.

well when i said 333, was 667 for real hehe, then yes. ill down ram to 667 and increase the fsb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom