Getting some new stuff..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Well I when I bought my PC In april, I decided to start saving for somthing I would obviously need.

well that time came.

I saved a good amount of money and Im about to purchase these parts.

OCZ GameXStream 700 watt

Replacing the antec Truepower 550 with this. Hopefully this will run such things as a R600 and better. Plus the Antec 550 was not a great power supply to begin with.

150 GB Raptor paired with my other for RAID 0 (no link needed)

I loved my first drive an im excited to see what I can do with RAID0.
Please dont bother convincing me to get other drives, This things are Ridiculously fast and I absolutley love them.

Now the reason I made this thread party was for some XFI questions.

Becucase I might get the XFI extreme music for 120 bucks at newegg as well.

Im going to be using some Klipsch 5.1 PRO media speakers that im buying off 003 once I get my money lined up.

Is the XFI worth it? I hear alot of problems with the crackles and stuff and its not very warming.

I mean the karjan audio module is acctualy really nice sounding but im sure this sounds alot better...

Need some input if its worth the 120 dollars becuase if not I dont mind keeping it.

thoughts?

Not Sleeved, only 19 amps on 2 12V rails, I mean its pretty powerfull, But for a Dual core CPU and R600 this winter, It wont hold its own.

The OCZ 700 Has 4 12v rails of 18 amps each.

and it only cost 50-60 more then the antec. oh and its sleeved already.

especially as you are getting some high quality speakers, i would definatly look at a decent sound card.

i have an audigy 2 zs, and i can't fault it, however i dont think you can buy them anymore, and i have no experience with X-Fi, so i can't help you any more than that, sorry.

joshd said:
especially as you are getting some high quality speakers, i would definatly look at a decent sound card.

i have an audigy 2 zs, and i can't fault it, however i dont think you can buy them anymore, and i have no experience with X-Fi, so i can't help you any more than that, sorry.

Thanks.

I Guess Il just give it a try and if I dont like it il just send it back..

Im really excited for the raptor to come :D
Its gonna flyy

gaara said:
I suppose I will no longer be the only person here with elite hard drive speed

Guess not.

But I think you will remain the only person with what, 7 Hard drives?, and over a TB of space. ;)

I love my XFI.

I'm a real sound junky and there's a HUGE difference between the XFI and karajan audio...although the karajan is definitely the best onboard sound I've heard

Agreed the karjan is really nice.

So Atomic tofu I doubt you will come back to look at this any time soon but Im not sure what your trying to say in your link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom