Getting Rivatuner to report fan speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
so I remember the days ( when I had my 8800 gtx ) when rivatuner accurately reported the fan speed %. Since I got my 9800 gtx+ however, rivatuner always reports it at 100% although I know this isn't the case because in the fan control menu, I see its set on auto control and usually hovering at 35%. I can manually override it and it responds to my changes in % ( I can tell by the noise ) but the monitoring menu ( meaning the black/green graph area ) keeps reporting 100% while only the fan speed setup reports the accurate %. Anyone have any solutions?

PS: I know the wording is confusing so lemme sum it up:
1. The green/black graphs always show the "reference" fan speed at 100% this is incorrect
2. Only the grey setup fan % menu shows the accurate fan speed %
3. I need to know how to get the green/black graphs to show the fan speed since this is my usual reference

I've only used RivaTuner for OC'ing...and my GPU doesn't have a fan, haha. Did you check the guru3d.com forums? They may have something there about it..

There are lots of problems with the current version of Riva and cards 9 series and up. Some work and some don't. My GTX 260 reads fine. We'll just have to wait for an update.

just monitoring it...

+1 for GPU-Z... plus it reports a wide variety of temps, so you can fine tune your cards for absolutely wicked OCs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom