Getting ready to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
So your using a usb mouse? One of the fixes for not overclocking was disabling legacy usb in bios. Might want to try that.

Anything thing else you changed before trying to overclock again?

Thats pretty much the only thing i can remember, cause i had my mouse plugged into my laptop the first time. I'll try disabling legacy usb, although I didn't change that the first time. oh, and is that the supreme commander beta you have? or is it out already?

Its the beta. Supcom should be coming out late q1 i hope.

As for the usb legacy, its not that you messed with it before. Its something that apparently affects your overclock some how. Honestly all the information i get for overclocking on the ds3, ive been reading on xtreme systems so i don't have first hand experience with this board. But it seems you have to fiddle with it and then you will get a good overclock.

I have a Gigabyte S3, so I may be able to help you out. Although I haven't been able to keep my voltage at stock past a 275 FSB. Once I go higher I have to increase it. But along with it I also increase the Northbridge voltage, and the MCH(not sure what that is for but it helped). I usually would only increase it +.2 for the NB, and +.1 for the MCH. I got to 3.01 ghz at one point, and for some reason cpu-z was registering it as running on 1.2 volts, which is retarded because thats below stock voltage, and is virtually impossible to do.

But nonetheless, I think it was actually set at 1.425, or 1.4500, I can't remember because I actually ended up wanting to lower the vcore because of temp issues, it was running at over 50, it stayed below 60 though. Mind you this was while running Orthos, but I didn't want to take any chances incase, so I lowered it.

So basically I would suggest changing the NB voltage and MCH voltage as well and see what you can get out of that. I also have DDR2 667 ram, so I don't think you should really have a problem with reaching 2.8 even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom