Getting ready to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, i took a gander here , and supposedly the vga or your ram is holding you back from overclocking. Although it looks like the nvidia cards are the ones doing it, so that might not be your problem, since you have a radeon. But try switching from dvi to vga if you can to see if that helps.

Also try only using one stick of ram. After ocing, put the other stick back in. Those were the two things that stuck out the most when looking at your reseting overclock problem.

And good luck on the EOC review

Ok, i pushed it to 2.4 with 1.41 vcore and it loaded the boot screen saying that the cpu was at 2.4. But it said tesitng memory, and waited a second or two, then rebooted back at 1.86. So Im going to take your suggestions on what to do with the memory, and go from there. I tried upping the timings, although im not sure which settings those were, to 5-5-5-12 and then 5-5-5-14, but both of them automatically booted me at 1.86. I wish i knew someone with more experience, Lol, what part of NC you live in darktop?:p

You shouldn't have to loosen up the timings with 342 fsb, when the ram is rated for ddr2 800 4-4-4-12. And the memory testing thing sounds like that overclock and memory problem on the thread i posted earlier. Supposedly you should be able to take out one of the sticks(so your not using dual channel anymore) and overclock then. Afterwards, you should be able to put the other stick back in, and the overclock shouldn't change.

I live in Garner outside of Raleigh

Ok, ill try with one stick. I don't understand how that will work though, and will it automatically go back to dual channel when i replace the second stick?
And i live in concord, outside of Charlotte.

Supposedly....i havn't used a ds3 myself, but thats what they're saying on the ds3 help thread. They said if that doesn't work, then you need to get a different set of memory :(.

Cool, i was born in Charlotte but i only lived there for 3 years.

well i can run it at 2.2 fine, but some techie (another forum) told me thats the max i should go, but i have a fan cooling the lower part of it, and its at full speed. i will run my computer with it at 2.2 v and then shut it off, open case right away, and feel it, it's not that hot. now my NB on +.3 Volts is another story :(

I don't think thats the most effective way to check your ram temps. Its corsair ram so it can probably handle 2.2v but i wouldn't go any higher. What frequency and timings are you running it at for it to take 2.2v?

And spartan, did taking out one of the memory sticks help?

I haven't tried that yet. I tried with my usb mouse out(since i realized my first overclock was without my mouse, but the others had it in) and not only would it not boot a 2.4, but it almost wouldn't boot at all. I had to try a few times, but it kinda freaked me out. I'd rather try without taking my RAM out, but if i cna't find any other way thats what i will do. It overclocked to 2.4 fine the first time, but i don't know why it wont do it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom