Getting ready to overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartan1121

Daemon Poster
Im getting ready to overclock my e6300. Im going to try and go for 2.4 ghz today and then do some stress testing. Do you think i'll need to raise the vcore any? Im not sure what my vcore is at the momment, im getting comflicting readings from this speedfan program One says 1.31 the other says 1.86. Which one is stock for an e6300? maybe it means ghz for # 2. But it looks like my load temps are 48 c. That gives me 12 degree's of head room. Any suggestions before i overclock?

You'll be able to keep stock vcore most likely for a 2.4 ghz clock. And I believe the stock voltage (According to bios) is 1.325

Ok i went into bios and changes the host cpu frequency to 343 (which should give me 2.4) but nothing is registering the change. I saved when i exited bios, where did i go wrong? Im going back into bios right now. Bios setting say that my cpu host frequency is 343, and my multiplyer is 7. SO i why are cpu z and dxdiag saying differently? Now it has the fsb right, but it says the multiplyer is 6. Lemme go back in again.

OK i double checked and i am at 343x7. On boot it recognizes my cpu as that and that it's at 2.401 ghz, but cpu-z can't make up it's mind. It says it's at a multiplyer or 6 for a few seconds then for just a second it says seven then goes right back to 6. So which one do i believe? And dxdiag says im still at 1.86. And somehow my vcore is 1.4. Temps are averaging out to 55c under full load ATM,when do i call it? Im thinking it i get over 60 im gonna go into bios and lower the vcore. 1.4 should be plenny enough to run higher frequencies later on right?

from what i have read i think that 1.4v won't get you much higher.
you might ask tri eclipse or lord anthrax, they know more about overclocking c2d than myself.

Yeah, i tried pushing it to 2.8, and it wouldn't boot. And now it wont boot at 2.4. Im gonna leave it alone for a while and try later, but i probobly wont go any higher than 2.4.

I think you have the cpu tm function enabled (isn't that the thing that lowers the cpu speed if nothing is using it that much? someone check me up on that pls). I disabled everything in my cpu configuration except vanderpool technology.

Look here to get a better understanding of what im talking about with the cpu configuration.

Ive got my e6600 at 1.375v (in bios) for 3.4ghz. I needed 1.45v for 3.6ghz. I think the ds3 doesn't give as much power as the p5b-deluxe does though. Like in windows, you will get the actual vcore the cpu is using and i think the p5b-deluxe has a higher actual vcore then the ds3. So you may need to give more vcore in the bios then me.

Like i said in the other thread, i try to keep my temps under or at 60*c, but i did have load temps of 63-65*c with 3.6ghz which was still acceptable. You will rarely (if not ever) use your cpu as much as orthos does.

And you don't need to use the other thread anymore. Ill help you out in this one and im sure trieclipse will find this thread eventually too, if he's still helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom