WDC RAPTOR 74GB SATA
MAXTOR 6L300S0 300GB IDE
SEAGATE ST3200822A 200GB SATA
WDC 120GB external
NEC ND-3500AG DVD+/-R DL 16X Optical drive
Windows XP SP2
Dell 1905FP LCD DVI (primary)
HP f50 LCD dsub

Alright, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to get my system to perfrom better during gameplay. Its not the greatest system configuration but its more than enough to play some of the high demanding games that keep coming out, but my problem is that my pc runs frames as if it were 2 generations older. Since i started tweaking ive raised performance about 40%. (I gauge this using 3dmar05)

Using atitool i let it run for awhile to auto fix new core and memory speeds and with clearing out atleast 20% of harddrive space brought it from an original 1346 3dmarks to about 1898 3dmarks. also, atitool shows that i output around only 50-60 frames per second on average, while a friend of mine that has a Athlon XP 2600+ sys with 1GB pc2700, and an old radeon 9800 pro, outputs around 147 frames and gets about 2500 35marks before any tweaking.

so, really what my question is: is there anything that i can do to either clean up my system (ill try to avoid reformat as much as possible) or are there some tweaks that im overlooking, or maybe even something that im doing wrong to slow my system down so much. i consider myself a pretty well versed user so if theres anything advanced to do i can manage.

thanks in advance.

It's your video card. What I would do is get some good aftermarket cooling on that x600 core and overclock. Your processor is more than capable, but your video card is holding back your scores.

Ryan

your video card is your only weak spot in your system. Everything else looks great. Either OC it like FghtinIrshNvrDi said. Or just get a new one, like a 6600GT or a 6800GT. Maybe a 7800GT if you want to pWn all of your games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom