General guidlines for over 30% OC??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antec-User

Papa Chester
I posted this on XS, and not surprisingly I didn't get a response. Seems like people don't like to share their OCing secrets.

What are the general guidelines for an over 30% OC? Such as over 3.8g or over 3.9g for the 965 users. Pardon some of the no0bish questions, I have just never found the answers to some of these.

-Should the NB and HT speeds match?

-You multiply the FSB by the HT and/or NB mult to find the speeds, correct?

-Recommended min and max voltages for HT and NB? 1.35?

-What is HT link width? I have 8 bit, 16bit and auto.. What should this be set to?

-Should I have to mess with the SB voltage? I'm thinking not.

-General settings for NB and HT? ~1g less than the CPU speed, right?

That should be it.. Thanx in advance.

There are no "General" settings. There are just to many variables (different cpu models and version plus the same for the mobo's and memory).

^ I know there are no SOLID factors like the NB MUST be at 1.3g to achieve a 4g cpu clock. But I mean generally: around 1g less than the CPU clock and such..

I've heard such mixed opinions about the HT link speed.. Some say the lower the better (Theoretically, THAT doesn't make sense) but I've beeen finding lately that the higher clocks require higher HT speeds. -which almost goes without saying..

I've heard that NB volts are typically about 1.37 for stability, but that also depends on the board.

The NB mult; you multiply THAT times the FSB to find the NB freq, right? Same with the HT?

Well I haven't played with an AMD since my Opteron and that's been a long time ago. Hopefully someone will come along and help you out soon :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom