Geforce 9800 GX2 temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jereth308

Baseband Member
I have just finished building my computer and I downloaded the HWMonitor software to look at my temperature.

My computer spec is

Intel Q6600
Geforce 9800 GX2
4GB Ram

My temperature for my CPU is around 46 just doing normal web stuff, and the temperature on the GPU is 71... is this way too hot?

I have a Xigmatex Heat Sink on the CPU, but I'm not sure I installed it correctly... since some people said they has their temp down to mid 30s. But my GPU looks very hot, and I haven't even loaded games to play yet. Should I be concern? Thank you.

Thank you, so I shouldnt worry?

I saw another person in a thread below got his CPU down to 28?? =/

Does anyone know what I did wrong, my is my CPU so hot? 47 just idle doing web sufing.

CPU all depends on the ambient temp. Also, if you grab and wiggle your HS and it seems tight, then it's good.

Thanks Peter, I'll open it up and try to wiggle it to see if it's in tight.

So what is considered hot for GPU when playing games? I didn't know 71 is normal at idel :) Sorry, I'm just trying to learn all these, I'm very new at it.

I didn't know 71 is normal at idel

That is no where near Normal for Idle.

I am idling 45 degrees Celsius for my GPU and my CPU idles around 42. So your cpu is probably fine, maybe give it vacuum to take the dust out

What are your temperatures under load? Try playing a game and then ALT+TABing to check the temps.

You may need to clean the dust and/or re apply thermal paste.

That is no where near Normal for Idle.

I am idling 45 degrees Celsius for my GPU and my CPU idles around 42. So your cpu is probably fine, maybe give it vacuum to take the dust out

What are your temperatures under load? Try playing a game and then ALT+TABing to check the temps.

You may need to clean the dust and/or re apply thermal paste.

He shouldint have dust, if its a new build. And its a 9800gx2...so thats dual pcb's and gpu's, it does run hotter than other cards.

Crank up the fan speed buddy...

Also you xigmatek temps aren't right.

Did you use thermal paste?

If so, how much/little.

Try re-seating it.

Here's a screenshot of me playing Lord of the Rings Online with everything turned on Ultra High DX10 graphic for about 30 minutes.

gpu_temp_lotro.jpg

It seems to get VERY hot... what's wrong with it? How do I turn up the fan speed please? Right now they're running at 1200 RPM

Here's my computer spec.

EVGA 750i FTW mother board
Intel Q6600 CPU
EVGA 9800 GX2
Ballistix 4GB DDR2 800
Vista 64 bit

Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 Case
XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler

I replaced all my fan in the case with Scythe S-FLEX SFF21E 120mm Case Fan.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom