Geek Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonBreath

Solid State Member
Do you guys know if geek squad builds your computer for you if you have all of the parts, and how much it costs? Has anyone used geek squad or know how good they are?

Geek Squad = Bunch of newblets that know nothing and charge a lot. Be better off asking a local computer shop to build you one lol

I work at a bestbuy in dallas. Half of the geek squad agents at my store give me more insight on building my pc than the people here on tech-forums. Save the good ones that I've thanked. I give them what I want to do and they give me what I NEED for it. Not just sit there and spout out the best of the best and tell me I need that or I wont get what I want.

SO.. no I dont believe we put them together. Jog up to the tech bench and ask one of them. But as far as I know we dont. The agents as my store know TONS about this stuff. Blows half of the people that post on here out of the water.. again save the few that have actually helped me.

charles_scott said:
Geek Squad = Bunch of newblets that know nothing and charge a lot. Be better off asking a local computer shop to build you one lol

That was a pretty ignorant statement there. I think most Geek Squad stores would put the computer together for you and just charge you hourly labor to do it. Probably would cost you 30 to 60 dollars. To be honest with you, most Geek Squad agents know more than the local computer shops around my area, and charge a hell of a lot more than the Geek Squad does.

Personally, no offense. I would not take ANY advice from Geek Squad, without verifiying it thru a 3rd source. But the reason I would not take advice from them is that the whole point of how much could they know if they have a salary that is peanuts?

Just because they don't make that much doesn't mean anything. I know 40 year old software engineers that make a nice $150k+ a year who don't know jack compared to some friends fresh out of college who are interning at $12 to $16 an hour.

Look at all those open source people. You going to tell me they don't know anything because they write code for free? When they write programs better than paid professionals?

Half of the geek squad agents at my store give me more insight on building my pc than the people here on tech-forums.
That is to be expected though, this site is for the most part comprised of 12-16 year old fanboys, who know the very basics when it comes to hardware (eg. they know that this part > this part). I would hope to god that trained staff would know more than them.

Now then, ask the geek squad about watercooling and TCCD chips and I doubt they'll be able to answer it as well I or a few others here could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom