Gaming/Recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillxlife

Baseband Member
Ok, Im building a computer in the next month or so, and i dont really have any specific budget, but im going to be using it for Gaming and Recording/Editing (about 50/50). Heres What Ive decided on so far on Newegg, just wanted some insite...

-Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case w/ 350 Watt Power Supply
-Asus P4P800-E Deluxe Mother Board
-Pentium 4 3.0 (Northwood Core)
-1 GB Corsair XMS Xtreme, Xtra-Low Latency Series (2-2-2-5)
-Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM Hard Drive
-Asus ATI Radeon X800 Pro
-Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS
-Samsung 52X32X52X16 DVD/CD-RW Combo Drive
-Sony Floppy
-Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 Speakers
-CTX 17" LCD Monitor
-Windows XP PRO
-Iomega 7200RPM 120GB External HD (USB2.0/Firewire) For Extra Storage/Backup

-Ill be recording through a Presonus Firepod with a variety of studio quality mics and Cubase LE

3 Questions before i empty my bank account....

Is there anything you guys would do differntly for Gaming/Recording?

Is Asus a good way to go for Video Cards?

How is that motherboard for overclocking?

Well processor wise ur in a bit of a jam. Unless im mistaken the Athlon64 kills the Intel in gaming but the Intel is better for recording. I personally prefer the Athlon64 as it is better value for money. For graphix card Asus is definitely the way to go..... no where near as noisy and better to overclock. For ur motherboard i wouldnt know cuz ive never used/seen/heard about it. Hope this helps

Well processor wise ur in a bit of a jam. Unless im mistaken the Athlon64 kills the Intel in gaming but the Intel is better for recording. I personally prefer the Athlon64 as it is better value for money. For graphix card Asus is definitely the way to go..... no where near as noisy and better to overclock. For ur motherboard i wouldnt know cuz ive never used/seen/heard about it. Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. I was originally gonna go with the Athlon 64 but i decided i wouldnt switch to 64-bit untill its been fully implemented (plus it will give me an excuse to get another new computer in the next 2 years instead of waiting 6 like i did with this one :D ). If anyone else has something they would like to ad, please do, ANY input would be appreciated.

How is that motherboard for overclocking?
It's really good for overclocking.

Is there anything you guys would do differntly for Gaming/Recording?
Not really, everything looks really good. Although AMD is better for gaming, with a pc like the one you have picked out, you wont have any problems playing performance-hungry games at high graphical settings.

The only thing I would consider changing is the sound card. Instead of the Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS, I would go with the Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. The Plat. Pro comes with a station that you can hook mics, etc up to without having to go to the back of your computer:

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/Audigy2ZS_platinum_pro/specs.asp

thanks for the insite guys. The Platinum Pro was part of the original plan i had untill i found the PreSonus Firepod (http://www.presonus.com/firepod.html). After i found that i decided to cut a few corners so i could afford it, cheaper case, cheaper sound card, cut the aftermarket CPU Fan, etc. Its a bit Pricey, but it comes with the software (which is $300+ by itself) and everything i need. Multimedia Cards arent great for recording anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom