gaming notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wish i had that lappy :) when i said max detail...

do you have any Anisotropic Filtering or Antialiasing enabled?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call you incredibly stupid to want to buy a laptop specifically for gaming, they just aren't built to handle the horsepower that high end games demand, and you will probably invest hundreds of dollars more for a system that probably runs slower than a desktop brother that would cost a lot cheaper.

But speaking from experience, I currently own an AMD Athlon 64 3000+, $1,600CDN down the hole, but it's great, blows away my pentium 4 desktop no problem.

I don't know anything about the centrinos though, they sound sort of like celerons, except slightly faster yet less power consuming, but probably more expensive.

laptops used to suck at gaming, but theyve gotten much better now. if you look at the benchmarks and specific tests on games theyre getting very decent framerates and gaming ability out of these laptops although they are for a higher price than you would get a comparable desktop for. if you just want something to play games on i would suggest a desktop, but if you need a laptop and play games you do have some very good choices now.

gaara said:
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to call you incredibly stupid to want to buy a laptop specifically for gaming

im going to have to agree with you incredibly...

if you are going to get a laptop then it should mainly be for convenience, school, work, etc. But I am actually impressed with the gaming power of the newer laptops out today....

it gives us something to do when you're super bored in class...

i actually played counterstrike with a friend during a lecture on AD hoc...that rocked.

It's not dumb to buy a gaming laptop. What if someone travels a lot (back and forth between divorced parents, always on the road, etc.)

I'm sure a lot of laptops nowadays beat out some of yalls gaming desktops.

You dont know his situation so why call him stupid.

Hey dont call me stupid. I need a laptop, because I travel regularly. I live in Mexico and travel to the states regularly, I also travel a lot in the car to other states in Mexico. And by the by Im pretty sure that plenty of gaming laptops make a desktop like a dell look bad.

thanks to anybody who actually gave me useful info.... that means anybody who didnt call me stupid.

I don't know if most people will be able to purchase a laptop with a graphics card higher than a Mobility Radeon 9700 Pro. The Mobility Radeon X800 looks nice, but it is damn steep.

I suggest an Intel Pentium M 745 (1800/400/2048) since it has a great performance: battery life ratio. The Mobile AMD Athlon 64 3000+ will drain the battery life just like a Mobile Pentium 4 5xx. The desktop processors with the M suffix or Mobile classification are not fully optimized for mobile environments. Only ceratin parts of the processor are and this only results in minimal battery life where as the Pentium M and Celeron M are based on Intel Enhanced Mobile Architecture that allows for maximum performance w/o sacrificing maximum battery life.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be insulting, but it's just a fact, and I felt that you deserved all of the information, even though some of it may have been a bit blunt.

It's the same thing as someone who wants to buy a Celeron to play Half Life 2, or someone buying an FX-55 for word proccesing, those decisions are just plain stupid.

Obviously a lot of Laptops are going to make a Dell look bad, but I will never recommend that you buy a Dell for anything.

In all seriousness though, even though I don't know much about Centrinos, I'm going to have to say that an AMD Athlon 64 is going to be a better gaming core than a Centrino.

Sorry again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom