gameboy case mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dot

Baseband Member
HI! im looking to see if anyone has a clue if there is a game that will play random pictures on a gameboy. Im looking to throw apart a gameboy, mount it on my case, and have it show images. does anyone know if this is possible? Kinda like a, "gameboy screensaver"

-thanks for your help everyone, let me know if you have ANY ideas, and ANY input on this.

I'm not sure about any sort of 'screensaver', but you know what would be really sweet? Find some way to hook an lcd temp display/fan controller into the mounted gameboy, and use the buttons to control the display output and fan speeds.

Luxar, that sounds cool but you cant OC a gameboy so its pointless. Dot, the only way to do that is just junk everything but the gameboy screen. Then use the screen for w/e using the wires. But you cant do that, while the gameboy stays fully functionial.

you can buy gameboy cartridge buners and software to make games (or whatever u want) and play it on your gameboy. it requires some programming skill though.

http://www.firstsing.com/products/GBA/GBA001.htm

something like that...i have seen many of them and from what i can tell if done right they work fantastically. i've seen slideshows of anime cartoons on a gameboy too. it's doable, as i have a GBA SP that i've dis-asembled and thought about using the screen...but kinda lost interest and put it back together for normal use.

i see, well i dont know what im going to do yet, i did find a tutorial on how to put in a calculator screen to act to read temperatures and such.

I would use it as a second screen. Lol even though its pretty small but hey why not? Im only saying this cause isnt the screen 16 bit? if not then screw it.

P.P. Mguire said:
I would use it as a second screen. Lol even though its pretty small but hey why not? Im only saying this cause isnt the screen 16 bit? if not then screw it.

its an LCD/TFT...so i would imagine it works just like any other moddable screen...but yah 2.9inches is a bit on the small side. wish i had a 5-7incher:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom