Game performance issue... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodyear99

Solid State Member
Hi

I just put together a new gaming system last week. System seems stable so far but I am having one really annoying problem that is affecting my games. This is what happens and it occurs in both World of Warcraft, Halflife 2 and Battlefield 2. I will be playing the game like normal and at random the system will lock up with the mouse and game frozen for 10 - 20 seconds while it is stuck the sound will just stutter / repeat itself in a loop sounding very annoying. After the 10-20 seconds the game continues from where it left off. I end up dying during this freeze :( I know that the in game settings isn't too high since I tried changing settings to quite a few variations and the problem still occurs while gettin 100 fps in them. The games have the latest patches.

Specs

MSI K8n NEO4 Mobo
1 Gig Corsair Ram
300 Gig SATA MAxtor HD
256mb XFX GF 7800GT
A64 3500+
500 Watt Ultra X-connect PSU

So here is what I've tried so far.

1) Well first thing I did was reinstall windows...no difference.

2) I thought it may have been the video card drivers so I used driver cleaner and removed the latest nvidia.com drivers I had installed, tried the drivers that came with the card on cd, no difference. I then tried some optimized beta drivers from tweaksrus.com and same problem so I don't think the drivers are the problem.

3) Neither processor nor video card is overclocked.

4) I tried different benchmarks and stress programs such as Performancetest,Burnintest and Everest. The infomation I got seems right and the stress/benchmarks showed no errors in their tests. I also ran memtest and no errors...
Aren't these voltages good?

Temperatures:
Motherboard 43 °C (109 °F)
CPU 46 °C (115 °F)
Aux 35 °C (95 °F)
GPU 55 °C (131 °F)
Maxtor 6L300S0 39 °C (102 °F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 2109 RPM
North Bridge 6027 RPM

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.48 V
+3.3 V 3.36 V
+5 V 5.11 V
+12 V 12.22 V
+5 V Standby 5.11 V
VBAT Battery 3.09 V

5) I tried disabling write combining under troubleshooting in the display control panel...no luck.

6) Ok so I have corsair memory with a latency of 2.5-3-3-6 went into the bios and changed it to correspond with these specs... cas, ras, row and min ras# in that order right?

7)Ok so I then tried disabling the sound in the bios but I still had the problem. I then tried removing the audio and ethernet drivers and installed a linksys pci ethernet card and a soundblaster live sound card. Installed their drivers but no change with the problem.

8) Took out one stick of ram thinking maybe it was that but I had the same problem. Made sure they were seated properly in the right slots.

So I am asking for any suggestions on other things I can try. I don't think any part is defective since I have not gotten any problems in regular windows use such as browsing the web or burning dvd's. Also the stress tests and benchmarks don't fail. I was wondering are 59 C ok temperatures for my GPU and CPU while games are running? I have also tried leaving my case open I still get the problem.

I was also wondering are there any other settings I can check in the BIOs that may help with this?

Finally the games give this problem even with nothing running in the background as I have even tried disabling most services in windows to see if this was what was causing it. Firewall and Antivirus disabled.

Sorry for the long post guys but I have been trying to figure this one out and nothing seems to be working :(

Could it be your internet? I have wireless internet, and I hate it. I have the same problem you do while gaming, except not for 10-20 seconds... that's a little odd. Mine only lags for a second or two. When I browse the internet, the connection is fine, but wireless internet doesn't like gaming for some dumb reason.

Hmm no I am connected via ethernet dsl. It is strange as my other older pc does not have this problem.

Try benching your hard drive to see if there are any problemed spots.

Use HDTach - I think its simplitech.com but I'm not sure

Ok what can I use for a power supply test :p

No problems when running prime 95 or memtest overnight...

What's wrong with xfx? My xfx clocks like hell and does his job very well.
Ot: what are your scores in 3dmark 2003 or 2005? Installed chipsetdrivers?

I have seen this many times before.

I really dont know what the problem is, but I know you arent alone at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom