Game issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Alright fellas, this one finally bothered me enough to come for advice.

While Playing games (mostly Fallout3) if I Alt-Tab out of full screen, the game won't resume, going back to it makes a window flash, but then the top fo the window, the menu bar, is about half way up on my screen, and no game is seen, however sometimes is heard.

I have to CTRL ALT DEL and close Fallout3 (and other games) and then re-start them to contenue playing...

It seems it started when I upgraded to my i7 and stuff.. but yea.. not sure.

Sure your video card can handle it? Drivers all installed properly? All windows updates downloaded? Are you using the latest patch for the game?

I have had similar issues while using the ALT+TAB method. When you are switching sessions using this way, it's like you're stuck in-between somewhere that exist between your game and your other session that appears in queue while using ALT+TAB.

What happens if you ALT+TAB your way back? Usually this doesn't work for me when I have this issue. I'm thinking you are running the game on a way different resolution than your regular monitor is set as when you don't play the game.

I run my full screen game (WoW) on a way lower resolution than what my monitor is set as, simply because my video card suck and this is the only way I'll survive in full screen.
What I do when this happens, is that I ALT+TAB my way out of the game. Before I go back, I press the Windows button + D which leads me directly into my desktop. Usually this 'cleans up' stickiness between sessions and I can just click back into the game from my task bar without having to end the session by force.

I've often have this same issue. I've always thought it to be - WINDOWS / 2GIGS of Ram <- In a new game I'm at about 75% or so.

I doubt it's my video card = HD 4850 X2. I've got a OPTY 180 @ 3.0Ghz.

Could be the OS moving things from the ram to the hard drive and having to move it back... Guess it just depends on the system... I have them hiccups once in awhile...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom