Gainward 5600 Ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Patriarch

Solid State Member
A few months back, I purchased a Gainward 5600 Ultra (760) (128 mb) Video Card for my Gateway computer. I assumed I would have no problems with it since I had an MX440 and both worked with Nvidia based drivers. I got just a blank screen after installation. Called Gainward about it. They stated it was probably not compatable with my motherboard. I kept it knowing I was going to get another motherboard. So I purchased a Soyo SY-K7VMP2 motherboard with a AMD Athlon XP2400. I got the latest video driver and installed it also. It worked for a week and then upon rebooting once; the old blank screen appeared again. The motherboard has on-board graphics which work fine as long as the video card is not installed. I also made sure I uninstalled the onboard graphics driver and enabled the VGA in the BIOS. I reinstalled it. It worked fine for a couple of days and did the same thing. I also tried installing it in a computer I just built with a Soyo motherboard with the same blank screen result.

Sounds like a software problem, and not all motherboards like new graphics cards, especially from the big companies like Gateway. Try a bios upgrade and get the new nvidia forceware software for the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom