G.Skill RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjgoku24

Baseband Member
With my ASUS mobo and my g.skill ram I am able to get a clock of 938MHz for my ram but I cannont get to 1000MHz. I have seen this same mobo and mem setup get higher than 1000MHz but I cannont even reach it. I have upped the mem volts and changed the timmings.
Is there anything else that I should try?

Look at my specs in my signature for full system details.

Thanks

Right now at 3.37GHz cpu with an FSB of 375 and a memory clock of 369 10:8 ratio. I made sure that it was not a cpu problem by turing up the FSB to 400, turing down the Memory ratio and stablizing the cpu. but as soon as I turn up the mem to 1000Mhz the system boots with no screen then I have to restart the computer, and I get an error saying "overclocking failure or overvoltage failure" and it gives me options to go into the bios and fix it or to restore bios defualts.

i'm using the 1GB stick instead of the 2GB kit you've got (so it's essentially the same ram) and i've heard that the ram can hadle up to 2.4V but the G.Skill only says up to 2.1V to cover their butts.

I was having the same problem as you and then i set the voltage to 2.2-2.3V and it was stable @ 950mhz 4-4-4-12 timings but i don't have any real reason to push it farther yet.

my suggestion is to up the voltage a little. BUT do it at your own risk and understand that it will probably (i don't know why it wouldn't) void your warenty with the manufactorer.

i've heard that people can reach DDR2-1016 @ 4-4-4-12 fairly easily with voltage at 2.4V if that helps at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom