G Skill LA's at Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn they're getting cheap now...I think I paid more for these damn tcc5s than those are going for now...HOWEVER be warned, the rev2s drastically dropped in price shortly after they started using tcc5s and I know the LAs have been floating in and out of stock for a while now so there is no gurantee these are tccds anymore

yeah they used to be like $300+.....but I paid $225 for my patriots a year ago, now they are $150....not sure if they use TCCD's or not anymore, like I told you via PM, when I asked the dude from patriot he wouldn't comment on it....the heatspreaders are different, it's still brainpowerPCB, but they are using a red PCB now instead of green, so that makes me wonder if my patriots are using TCC5s now as well =/

Yeah...OCZ stamped "v1.1" in really small writing on the heatspreaders on the tcc5s...and of course you can always take off the heatspreaders to confirm what you have

I'm still not sure what the situation is with samsung...there have been rumours for ages now that they have/are going to discontinue tccd production

Especially with DDR1 on its last leg now they really have no reason not to...I could care less about DDR2 since I plan on keeping this AMD64 for a long time...hopefully I can skip DDR2 entirely

*Note the OCZ uses TCCD chips as well.
if you go to the OCZ website, they have a press release regarding the fact that they use TCC5's now, not TCCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom