FX 8320 Overclocking difficulties, VCORE stubborn! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2014, 09:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: FX 8320 Overclocking difficulties, VCORE stubborn!

Here is the beast!
imgur: the simple image sharer
pic 7 is pretty cool
what do you guys think mainly of the cooler and the comp lol???

Old 03-31-2014, 10:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Build Guru

You could have routed the PCI-E cables better.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 10:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

How? I was trying to think of a good way, it wouldn't fit behind the case, couldn't think of much else, I also wanted the cable pulling up a bit to reduce pcb sag, unless that is def not a prob with my card?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:48 PM   #14 (permalink)
Build Guru

It's plenty long enough to go behind. Through the PSU bottom hole and out the middle one to the cards.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve10765 View Post
the board was $89 when I bought it, and it had a bundle with ram which I saved $5 with it.
And man this vcore thing sucks, I cant even set it to its stock vcore, I thought this board would be good. I will not buy Gig budget boards again, and another thing that sucks is whenever I turn the comp on, it comes on for half a second, then goes off for a second, then turns on and takes like 2 sec to post, this leads to a longer boot time.(stock settings).

Mike my cooler works great, I can't even hear it and its temps are great for a stock cooler with arctic silver and a 120mm fan on it. Its as good as an aftermarket cooler, so I don't see why I should get one unless I wan't to go hardcore, but getting an hyper 212 evo would be waste for only like 5C cooler, and I am not gonna waste that much for only like a 4.7ghz overclock or something which is only 200mhz faster than I am now, or 300MHZ if I decide to lower the speed.
temps 57C max with a case fan off and the rest on silent, and 52C max with turbo fans on, which is still quite. I can also always increase the cpu fan speed, I have never seen it go above 1600 on my settings, and its rated for 2000rpm at 19db

EDIT
- I think I might lower the OC to relive pressure on the VRM's, not sure though
btw the fan is bigger than the heatsink so it hangs off to the side and blows directly onto the VRM's. Here is a picture of an hyper 212 evo and the amd stock heatsink, image that fan on the amd one
good to hear you got a deal on the board with ram, Here's what I would do if it's doing the shutoff thing... primary reason the board will do that is because of power. You're running a Corsair HX750 PSU, that PSU has just 65A on the +12V rail not saying it's Amperage here but... I'm not certain you're getting the necessary Wattage out of that Power supply for running that board at that OC even as basic and mild it may be. if you had a case with a second PSU slot I would have suggested a second HX750 hooked in with a Dual PSU cable, Guaranteed more than enough power, and on top of everything else... you'd have superb power to all of your components, be able to do mostly anything and have expansion room to go to SLI/Crossfire right on top of your OC. The other thing, that's rare that may cause is the CPU or Ram to do the power on cycle crap. something else to consider, maybe a bad onboard temp sensor? had that with an ASUS 590SLI board I'd been sent as an RMA. it was a collectors edition too as it had a Manual directly from where asus is headquartered and no english manual.

Maverick Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote