FX 5200 too hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lea0001

In Runtime
I hjave an FX5200,. It gets pretty hot, but im not really sure how hot is "hot" for a gfx card. So I was wondering if anyone knows a program that can measure the temperature.

And if so whats the average/maximum heat a gfx card should be at.

Im inquiring because my CPU heat sink is tonnes cooled, in fact its not even warm. But my gfx card is almost burning hot.

Another thing. Anyone know where i can get fan for the card.

Thx in advance appreciate the help alot.

lea0001

The old FX series did not have built in temp monitors afaik, so know program will tell you them temps. You could install a temperature monitor but it would probably not end up accurate any ways :p

If it isn't artifacting and running OK, I wouldn't be too worried about it, gfx cards just run hot. My 6800GT loads at ~60c and that is considered cool. Those 5200's could load at 90c, idk.

If you want to install a fan, that's not a big deal. Just buy a small fan that is about the size of the HS. A chipset fan might be about that size. Then just super glue it on there, or use zip ties or something, and plug the fan into the psu.

is your card OC'd? If not then I wouldn't worry...just make sure the heatsink is free of dust.

Those 5200's are pretty solid. I had one in a dell inspiron 5150 laptop and OC'd it when I played games...never had any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom